Town Hall, on Homestead Road
April – Oct:
Tues. 7-11 am & 3-7 pm,
Thurs. 3-7 pm,
Sat. 8 – noon.
Nov – March:
Tues. 7-11 am & 2-6 pm,
Thurs. 2-6 pm,
Sat. 8 – noon.
(Drop off only during recycling hours)
Curb recycling pickup service is available below the freeway.
ITEMS THAT WE COLLECT
- Container recycling includes jars, bottles and cans made from glass, plastic and metal. This includes #1 – #7 plastic bottles or tubs, glass bottles & jars (any color), and metal food & beverage cans. These can all be mixed together—no additional sorting is required!
- Mixed paper includes cereal boxes, soda cases, office paper, junk mail, newspaper, etc. This paper can all be mixed and recycled together.
- Corrugated cardboard: Boxes and packaging with a ripple between two smooth layers.
- Newspaper is now recycled in the bin with the mixed paper.
PLASTIC ITEMS THAT WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
1. Flower pots.
2. Grocery deli containers (black bottoms, clear tops),green/clear plastic berry baskets or lettuce containers.
3. 5-gallon buckets and larger kitty litter containers.
4. Overhead light fixture covers.
5. Plastic waste baskets.
6. Plastic milk crates.
7. Orange/brown plastic prescription containers.
THE TROUBLE WITH ALUMINUM CANS
In the past, we have had a separate collection area for aluminum cans to support the library at the NSCS. Due to repeated problems with theft and dumping of household garbage in the aluminum can enclosure, we no longer have a separate collection. Aluminum cans should be put in the container recycling bin.
**If you have any questions, please call the Town Hall or ask the attendant on duty.**