Planning and Zoning Commission
Phone – 218-525-5705 Town Hall
Planning Commission meetings are held each month on the 4th Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Town Hall.
Working meetings and public hearings are posted at official posting sites.
Meetings are open to the public and Town residents are encouraged to attend.
Planning & Zoning News:
At the July 26 meeting there will be a Public Hearing at 6:30 pm for public review of proposed Zoning Ordinance changes.
The proposed changes include
• Removal of the requirement for a variance for a driveway to a land locked parcel on a legal easement.
• Clarifications to Article XI (Amendments) and to Article III (Placement and Design of Roads and Driveways).
• Increase of permit fees for a site entry onto a Town Road and for accessory structures and decks.
• Addition of section on residential solar energy systems whereby no land use permit will be required for roof solar energy systems (all sizes) or ground mounted systems less than 360 sf and establishing permit requirements for ground mounted systems greater than 360 sf.
• Addition of Commercial Use as a Conditional Use including locations permitted and performance standards.
• Removal of one parcel on the west side of the LIU-3A zone district located on Bergquist Road from LIU-3A to MUNS-4.
The full text of proposed changes can be seen at Proposed Changes to Zoning Ordinance Number 5
Beginning May 24, 2018, Planning Commission meetings will begin at 6:30 pm
Short-term Rental Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is now in effect, as of February 8, 2018
Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is now in effect, as of December 31, 2015.
The Stormwater, Erosion, and Sediment Control Ordinance is now in effect, as of December 31, 2015. This new Ordinance is in response to USEPA and MPCA requirements.
Planning Commission Members
Jerry Hauge (2018)
John Schifsky (2019)
Jo Thompson (2019)
Wayne Dahlberg (2020)
Larry Zanko (2018)
Liz Strohmayer (2019)
Dave Edblom (2020)
Sue Lawson Planning Director
Beth Mullan Secretary
E-mail: Planning & Zoning
Short-term Rental Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5
February 8, 2018
Forms, Instructions and Fees: