Planning and Zoning Commission
Phone – 218-525-5705 Town Hall
Planning Commission meetings are held each month on the 4th Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Town Hall.
Working meetings and public hearings are posted at official posting sites.
Meetings are open to the public and Town residents are encouraged to attend.
Planning & Zoning News:
Updating the Comprehensive Land Use Plan:
Seeking Community Input on Recommended Core Community Values
The Community Steering Group (CSG) was formed to help update the Comprehensive Land Use Plan. Their first task was to identify core community values to be used in developing the vision, goals, and policies for the CLUP.
There are two more opportunities for the community to give input regarding these core community values: At the May 23rd Planning Commission Meeting at 6:30 PM and the June 13th Town Board Meeting at 6:30 PM. Community members are invited to provide comments on the draft core community values. See the recommended values here: CSG’s Recommended Core Community Values
10.11.18 Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is in effect as of October 11, 2018.
The changes include
• Alteration of requirements for driveway placement and design.
• Amendment of the process for proposal, evaluation, public hearing, and adoption of amendments to the Zoning Ordinance or Map.
• Alteration of public notice requirements for variances.
• Increase of permit fees for a site entry onto a Town Road and for accessory structures and decks.
• Establishment of requirements for residential solar energy systems.
• Establishment of definitions, applicability, performance standards, conditional use requirements for commercial uses not falling under existing commercial use definitions.
• Removal of one parcel on the west side of the LIU-3A zone district located on Bergquist Road from LIU-3A to MUNS-4.
Beginning May 24, 2018, Planning Commission meetings will begin at 6:30 pm
Short-term Rental Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is now in effect, as of February 8, 2018
Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is now in effect, as of December 31, 2015.
The Stormwater, Erosion, and Sediment Control Ordinance is now in effect, as of December 31, 2015. This new Ordinance is in response to USEPA and MPCA requirements.
Planning Commission Members
Jerry Hauge (2021)
John Schifsky (2019)
Jo Thompson (2019)
Wayne Dahlberg (2020)
Larry Zanko (2021)
Liz Strohmayer (2019)
Dave Edblom (2020)
Sue Lawson Planning Director
Beth Mullan Secretary
E-mail: Planning & Zoning
Short-term Rental Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5
February 8, 2018
Forms, Instructions and Fees: