Planning and Zoning Commission
Phone – 218-525-5705 Town Hall
Planning Commission meetings are held each month on the 4th Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Town Hall.
Working meetings and public hearings are posted at official posting sites.
Meetings are open to the public and Town residents are encouraged to attend.
Planning & Zoning News:
Updating the Comprehensive Land Use Plan:
The Town’s current CLUP is from 2002 and is now in the process of being updated. The first step in updating the Plan is to identify the Township’s core community values. The Core Community Value Statements can be seen here: Core Community Values
As a part of the CLUP updating process, Planning staff has prepared a report, Looking Back, Looking Forward: A Review of the 2002 Comprehensive Land Use Plan 2002-2018. The purpose of this report is to determine the accomplishments made towards meeting the vision of the 2002 CLUP and to provide other pertinent information about the Township in order to identify issues, concerns, and opportunities that help form planning questions to address in updating the CLUP. The report can be seen here: Looking Back, Looking Forward
Upcoming CLUP Community Steering Group meetings:
July 18, 2019 at 6:30 at the Town Hall
August 15, 2019 at 6:30 at the Town Hall
September 19, 2019 at 6:30 at the Town Hall
These meetings are open to the public.
10.11.18 Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is in effect as of October 11, 2018.
The changes include
• Alteration of requirements for driveway placement and design.
• Amendment of the process for proposal, evaluation, public hearing, and adoption of amendments to the Zoning Ordinance or Map.
• Alteration of public notice requirements for variances.
• Increase of permit fees for a site entry onto a Town Road and for accessory structures and decks.
• Establishment of requirements for residential solar energy systems.
• Establishment of definitions, applicability, performance standards, conditional use requirements for commercial uses not falling under existing commercial use definitions.
• Removal of one parcel on the west side of the LIU-3A zone district located on Bergquist Road from LIU-3A to MUNS-4.
Beginning May 24, 2018, Planning Commission meetings will begin at 6:30 pm
Short-term Rental Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is now in effect, as of February 8, 2018
Zoning Ordinance Number 5 is now in effect, as of December 31, 2015.
The Stormwater, Erosion, and Sediment Control Ordinance is now in effect, as of December 31, 2015. This new Ordinance is in response to USEPA and MPCA requirements.
Planning Commission Members
Liz Strohmayer (2022)
Wayne Dahlberg (2020)
Jerry Hauge (2021)
Larry Zanko (2021)
Dave Edblom (2020)
Pam West (2022)
Angela Wilson (2022)
Sue Lawson Planning Director
Beth Mullan Secretary
E-mail: Planning & Zoning
Short-term Rental Amendment to Zoning Ordinance Number 5
February 8, 2018
Forms, Instructions and Fees: